Here's how to keep your heart rate monitor in good shape:
- Dry and store the strap and the connector separately to maximize battery lifetime.
- Store the heart rate monitor in a cool and dry place.
- Do not store in a non-breathable material, such as a sports bag.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight for extended periods.
- Remove the battery from the battery case when the unit will not be used for a long period of time.
- Connector: Detach the connector from the strap every couple of uses and dry it with a soft towel. Clean the connector with a mild soap and water solution when necessary. Never use alcohol or any abrasive material.
- Strap: Rinse the strap under running water every couple of uses and hang to dry. Clean the strap gently with a mild soap and water solution when needed. Do not use moisturizing soaps as they can leave residue on the strap. Do not soak, iron, dry clean or bleach the strap. Do not stretch the strap or bend the electrode areas sharply.